Some users are frequently complaining about their AOL mail on Mac not working issue. Since the AOL mail isn’t working, users are neither able to send or receive emails from their AOL account. Hence, this problem can occur due to several reasons such as usage of incorrect username and password. Secondly, incorrect profile details is another factor that can cause this error as well. In most of the cases, we have observed a wrong configuration of the incoming or outgoing mail settings to cause this error. You can even experience this problem while transferring your mail to a new Mac if you haven’t set up your mail rules correctly. Thus, follow this article in order to find a proper solution for resolving this issue at the earliest.
Methods To Fix AOL Mail On Mac Not Working Issue
Here are some of the solutions that you can try out to fix this issue. Hence, implement the instructions as mentioned below.
Method 1: Check the Username and Password
This method will surely help you to fix AOL mail reception issues concerning the use of username and password. Hence, follow these steps to ensure that you have entered your username and password correctly.
- Open your AOL mail, navigate to the ‘Menu’ tab and select ‘Preferences.’
- On the ‘Preferences’ window, click the ‘Accounts’ tab and select your AOL mail account.
- Now move to the ‘Account Information’ tab and check whether your AOL email address is correct or not.
- If your AOL email address is incorrect, then click the drop-down arrow next to your email address and choose the ‘Edit Email Address’ option.
- Double-click on your name or email ID to edit or make the required changes in your email address.
- After that, click the ‘OK’ button to save the changes that you have made.
- Now you will need to check the password that you have entered for your AOL mail account.
- Click the ‘System Preferences’ tab and choose the AOL entry from the ‘Internet Accounts Preference’ pane.
- Enter the login credential of your AOL account and click ‘Details’ to change the description, full name, or password of your AOL account.
- Refresh your mail inbox and see whether you are getting new emails or not.
Method 2: Configure The SMTP Server Correctly
This method will be helpful if you are unable to send AOL mails due to an incorrectly configured SMTP server. Here’s how to check the configuration of the SMTP server. Hence, follow the instructions as stated below:
- Click the ‘Mail’ menu and choose ‘Preferences’ from its sub-menu.
- Go to the ‘Accounts’ tab and select your AOL account that is not working on Mac.
- Then, click the ‘Server Settings’ tab and select ‘Edit SMTP Server List’ from the drop-down menu.
- Locate and select the AOL entry from the list of available outgoing mail servers.
- Make sure that all the settings are correct and do not require any corrections.
- If you are prompted for more information about your account, then follow the formats given below.
- IMAP server: imap.aol.com
- SMTP server address: smtp.aol.com
- IMAP User Name: Your AOL screen name
- IMAP password: Your AOL Mail password
- SMTP user name: Your AOL screen name
- SMTP password: Your AOL mail password
- IMAP TLS/SSL: Required
- IMAP Port: 993
- SMTP TLS/SSL: Required
- SMTP port: 587
Method 3: Manually Reset the Correct Password in AOL Mail App
Use the steps mentioned below to manually set the correct password in AOL Mail Preferences.
- Launch the AOL mail app on your PC and click the ‘Main’ menu to select ‘Mail app preferences.’
- As the ‘Mail Preferences’ window appears, expand the ‘Accounts’ panel and find out that your mail account from the list of accounts available.
- Now navigate to the ‘Account Information’ tab on the navigation pane and select the ‘Password’ option.
- Delete the existing entry in the password field and move your way to the ‘General’ tab.
- Click the ‘Save’ button to apply the changes and close the ‘Preferences’ window.
If you apply these three methods correctly, then you are obviously going to fix your AOL issue without any hassles. Still, feel free to provide your feedback in the comment section so that we can understand whether this article is useful to you or not.