The AOL mail application is available for the Android Operating System and is also one of the best email clients present in the market. With this software, you would be able to see current news, weather forecast. Even, there is a possibility to watch videos also. Although there are many features present within this application, even then, you can get many kinds of errors while using it. One such problem about which you will get information in this article is the “AOL mail on Android not working”.
There are various types of reasons pointing out why this error happen after all. Some of the most common causes of this issue are that if the settings of the AOL mail are not correctly set, then you might face this error. Even, when the Android OS is not up to date, then there is a possibility for you to get this issue. Further, if the network connection is not proper, then you can get this problem also.
Methods to Resolve the “AOL Mail On Android Not Working”
This is the section of the article that will help you to correct the issue “AOL mail on Android not working”:
Inspect the Network Connection on the Android Phone
If you have a bad network connection, then this issue can come up for that cause. Therefore, the solution to solve this problem is to examine the network connection. In order to do that, follow the steps underneath:
- First, unlock the Android phone and then at the bottom tap on the circle to launch the application menu. After that, within the menu locate and then select the ‘Settings’ application.
- Once, you are in the ‘Settings’ application, then go to the section ‘Wireless and Network connection’. Under that section, find and then toggle the switch ‘ON’ for the ‘Cellular Data’ connection.
- After that, toggle ‘Off’ the wireless network button and see if the internet connectivity is fine or not. If it is quite slow, then within the ‘Settings’ page only, go to and choose the option ‘Network’.
- When a new window opens up, with the name ‘Network’, then choose the option ‘Search Manually’ to look for the network of the Android phone.
- When the search gets over, then there will be all the networks available for the device within a list.
- From that list, choose a network that is compatible with the cellular service operator.
- At last, hold the power button of the device and then, tap on the ‘Reboot’ button to start the phone once again.
Stop the AOL Application Forcibly
Sometimes this issue can be removed if you forcefully stop the AOL Mail application within the Android Phone. To do that, follow the undermentioned steps.
- First, swipe down to access the ‘Notification’ area of the device. After that, move to the upper right side and then choose the ‘Cog’ icon to open the ‘Settings’ application.
- When a new window opens up, then go to the ‘App Settings’ section. Within that section, choose the option ‘Installed apps’.
- Next, a new page with the name ‘Manage apps’ will come up. Inside that page, tap on the ‘AOL Mail’ option. After that, move to the bottom of this page and tap on the ‘Force stop’ icon.
- Then, when a popup message box come up below, in it, select the button ‘OK’. Now, wait for a few ten seconds and ‘Restart’ the ‘AOL Mail’ application.
Examine AOL Mail Settings
When the settings of the AOL Mail application are improperly set, then you can encounter the issue “ AOL Mail on Android not working 2018”. The best answer to resolve this problem is to properly or correctly set the settings of this application. For that to happen, follow the sentences beneath:
- First, locate and then tap on the AOL Mail application within the phone.
- Then, provide the necessary login credentials to sign in to the account that you have, choose the ‘Add Account’ button.
- After that, select the option ‘Manual Setup’ and then tap on the sub-option ‘IMAP Account Settings’.
- Now, when the blank fields come up on the next page, then accordingly populate them and choose the option ‘None’ for the label ‘Security Type’. Also, choose the ‘Port’ as 143, IMAP.
- Go to the label ‘Server’ and in it write the following ‘imap.AOL.com.’ Then, select the ‘Next’ option and after that, change the option ‘SMTP Settings’, ‘Outgoing Server Settings’.
- Finally, again tap on the ‘Next’ button and login to the AOL account.
Update the Android Operating System
When the Android OS is not up to date or obsolete, then there is a high chance for you to face the error “AOL Mail on Android not working”. Here, you get some easy steps on “how to update the OS?”
- First, locate and then choose the ‘Settings’ application on the phone by swiping from left to right.
- Next, inside the ‘Settings’ window, go to the bottom of it and select the option ‘About Phone’.
- Now, within the page ‘Account phone’, locate and then choose the option ‘System update’. At that moment the phone will automatically check for any updates available for itself.
- If there is an update for the system, then it will be automatically downloaded.
- Finally, to install that update on your phone, reboot the device. After the update is complete, then check if this error is still present or not.
Delete and Install the AOL Mail Application
If none of the steps provided on the above cannot able to resolve this issue, then the only solution is to uninstall the AOL Mail. Then, after that, install the application. Follow the steps provided below:
- To remove the ‘AOL Mail’, first, select that application.
- After that, drag it and then drop that on the ‘Bin’ icon at the top of the screen.
- Finally, to remove the ‘AOL Mail’ application, select the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Next, reboot the Android device.
- Once the phone starts up again, then tap on the ‘Google Play’ application.
- Within it, look for the ‘AOL Mail’ application by type the name present on the ‘Search’ area at the top of the screen.
- Then, when the ‘AOL Mail’ page comes up, choose the ‘Install’ button. As soon as you click on that button, then the application will install first.
- After the download process completes, then immediately the installation procedure will begin.
- At last, after some time this application will be installed.
A Round Off
The error “AOL Mail on Android not working” can be removed, if you follow all the points in the previous section correctly and efficiently. If, even after following all the steps on the above sections still you cannot able to resolve this error. Then do not worry. Just, give the details of your query on the comment section under this article.