One of the foremost internet usage mediums in the world is America Online, or in short AOL. With this browser, you will be able to do all that is necessary on the internet. Like listening to music, checking emails, watching videos and playing games. And, you also will be able to do all your important work with this as well. But the problem comes when errors come up during the working of this browser. That brings us to the AOL videos won’t play issue.
A lot of users just like yourself have found AOL videos not playing on their computers. If this is the case for you as well, then you do not have to worry at all. You will be able to fix this issue all by yourself, provided you have the right instructions for that. That is exactly what you are going to come across in this article.
Possible Reasons why the AOL Videos won’t Play
Although you will be able to fix this issue all by yourself. Still, there can be a lot of different problems along the way. Thus, it is very important to know why this error is occurring in the first place.
Because with a sound understanding of why this issue is occurring in the first place. You will be able to avoid all those annoying adverse effects which might have come your way. That is why in this section of the article, we have listed all the possible reasons why AOL videos won’t play.
The Specific Reasons
When it comes to AOL videos won’t play issue, there can be various degrees of the problem. The first among these is that the videos do play. But you will not be able to hear the sound of any of it.
That is due to issues with the sound drivers, which can either be corrupt. Or, it can also be out of date which is the case a lot of times. Other times, it is just the other way around where you are going to be able to hear the audio. But you will not be able to see anything on the screen.
That can be because of the fact that there may be corrupt system files, which have come from various malware. Or as usual, out of date video drivers which is causing this to happen to your system.
Another reason for the AOL videos won’t play, is the error code 14. This mainly indicates an issue with the network connection.
So, these are all the probable causes of this issue. Now, let us go ahead and take a look at the solutions to this issue.
How to Resolve the AOL Videos won’t Play Issue
After discussing all the possible causes of this issue. Now, we can go and take a look at the solutions for this. In case you know what the exact cause of this issue is in your case, then you can go and apply the solution for it right away. But if you do not have that information at hand, then there is no problem.
Just keep applying these steps one after another till it fixes the AOL videos won’t play issue.
Fix the Sound Issue
If you are not being able to hear the sound, then here is how you can fix that issue.
- Press the Windows key and R key, which will open up the Run window. In the search panel within that dialogue box, type in devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter key.
- Now, once the Device Manager window opens, look for the Sound, video and game controllers option. When you find it, click to expand that section.
- Now, look for the High Definition Audio Device driver and right-click on it. From the dropdown list that appears, click on the Disable option.
- After this, look for the High Definition Audio Device option, right-click it. Then, from the dropdown list, click on the Update Driver Software.
This is going to bring in and install all the necessary updates for the device driver. After this is over, check if you can play the videos on AOL browser.
Fix the Video Issue
In case you are able to hear the sound but not see the video. Then you will have to take a different approach from the previous one. Here, are all the things that you need to do –
- Open up the window of the browser, where the audio is working but the videos or not.
- Now, look for the control/click option and click on it in the video window.
- After this, look for the Settings option and click on it. In the window that comes up after that, click on the checkbox next to the Enable hardware acceleration option.
- You now will be able to see the video from the Flash Player.
If this is still not working, then it is probably an issue with the format of the video that you are working with. But anyway, if this does not work, then go to the next solution step on this list.
Troubleshoot the Error Code 14
Another issue that is directly related to the AOL videos won’t play issue is the error code 14. If this is the situation in your case, then here are the steps that you need to take –
- The first thing that you have to do is to Refresh the system and try to make it work.
- Then, you can also try to fix this issue by restarting the modem itself. That way, getting a better connection is going to help you fix this issue.
- Now, shut the computer completely and in the dial-up modem, unplug the power line.
- Wait for 30 secs and then plug it back again. Power it up and connect it to your PC.
- Finally, start the computer and check if you are able to play the videos or not.
This is very likely going to solve the problem for you.
By this point in the article, hopefully, you know how to fix this AOL video issue by yourself. But if it does not work for some reason, then it means that there might be a serious issue in your system.
For that, the best thing to do would be to take it to professional technicians. They will be able to effectively diagnose and then troubleshoot the issue. So, if you can not fix this issue with the steps that we have mentioned here, then we are definitely going to recommend you go and get proper tech support.