AOL mail attachment problems are one of the prominent issues which are encountered while using the AOL mail. They find that the Attach File button does not work properly and unable to send an attachment. This problem appears due to the older version of AOL mail. If the Proxy server is turned on then this problem also arises on the system. Sometimes, the Windows Defender firewall or any third-party security software can also responsible for the AOL mail issues.
In other cases, if there is something incorrect with the web browser, these issues occur. If you are also encountering attachment related issue, then do not worry. Here, you will get various solutions to get rid of this problem.
Effective Solutions to Fix AOL Mail Attachment Problems
When you find the AOL mail attachment problems, you should close the AOL mail properly and again open the mail. After doing this, you need to check whether the problem is solved or not. If the problem still appears, then you need to follow other solutions that can help you to troubleshoot this issue. Let’s have a look at these right below.
Solution 1 – Open the AOL mail in the Different Browser
When you see the AOL mail attachment problems on the system, you have to open the AOL mail in the different browser. If you are using the Google Chrome application and find this problem, then you can open your AOL mail account in Mozilla Firefox. Then, check whether the issue has been fixed or not. You can also use the Internet Explorer application, Microsoft Edge, and other web browsers.
Solution 2 – Turn off the Windows Defender Firewall Feature
The AOL mail attachment problems appear if the Windows Defender firewall may be interfering with the AOL mail attachments. So, you need to turn off the Windows Defender Firewall. To disable it, follow the instructions which are mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to press the Windows button + X key to launch the WinX menu list.
- In that list, you can see an application Control Panel, select it.
- From the Control Panel application, double-click on the Windows Firewall section.
- When the Windows Firewall tab opens, click on the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off button.
- From the right side window, you need to go to the Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings and then select the Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall button to disable this feature.
- After doing all these steps, you will click on the OK button to change the settings.
- Then, restart the device and then try to use the AOL mail.
Solution 3 – Disable the Security Software
If you are using any third-party security software on your PC then you need to turn off this. After turning off the Windows Firewall feature, if this problem still shows up, then you have to disable the security software from the system. To disable it, go through these steps:
- First of all, you should double-click on the Security software which you are using at this moment on the system.
- From that window, navigate to the Settings tab. In that section, go to the Firewall tab and then select the Disable button to turn off the security software.
Once the security software is turned off and you still see this problem, then you should remove the security software from your PC. To uninstall it, follow the steps given below:
- You should hold the Windows Home button and press the I key to launch the Settings application.
- You need to select the Apps and Programs section from the Settings application.
- When the Apps and Programs window opens, find the Security software, select it. After that, you can click on the Uninstall button to start the removing process.
- Once it is completed, reboot your PC.
Solution 4 – Turn off the Proxy Server
By turning off the Proxy server, you can eliminate the issue. Follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- You have to go to the Search Panel, type ‘Control Panel’ and then hit the Enter button.
- In the Control Panel application, double-click on the Internet Options tab.
- When the Internet Options properties window opens, you need to take the mouse to the Connections tab, select it.
- From the Connections section, click on the LAN Settings button and unmark on the Use a Proxy server for your LAN Settings button and then select the OK button to save it. After doing these if the problem still occurs, then you need to move to the next one.
Solution 5 – Update the Driver
By updating the driver you need to fix the AOL mail attachment problems on your PC. If you do not know how you can do that, then follow the instructions given below:
- You should hold down the Windows button and X to launch the Menu list and then select the Device Manager application.
- When the Device Manager application opens, go to the Driver from the left side panel and right-click on it to open the list.
- Then, select the Update Software Driver button from that list to start the update process.
- Once the process gets finished, reboot the device and then check whether the AOL mail works properly.
Solution 6 – Update the Web Browser
An outdated version of the web browser can cause the AOL mail attachment problems on the device. So, as soon as possible you have to update the web browser.
If you are using the Google Chrome web browser, then you need to follow these steps:
- At first, you need to open the Google Chrome application by double-clicking on the Google Chrome icon.
- From that window, go to the Menu section and then click on the Help button.
- After that, you have to click on the About Chrome option. Now, the browser will automatically update if any updates are there and then install it.
- Once it completes, again open the Google Chrome browser and then open your AOL account.
If you are using the Mozilla Firefox, then follow these instructions:
- Firstly, you should double-click on the Mozilla Firefox application to open it.
- From the Mozilla Firefox application, navigate to the Menu icon to open the list and then select the Help option.
- Next, in the Help tab, you can see an option, About Firefox, click on it.
- When the About Firefox page opens, if you see any option Update Firefox, select it to start the update process.
- Now, you should wait for a few seconds to execute this process. Once it is finished, restart the system and then try to send the AOL mail with any attached files.
We hope these solutions will help you to get rid of the AOL mail attachment problems on the device. Follow these solutions with the steps and do this one-by-one on your computer to resolve this problem. After doing all these steps, if you face this problem, then you can talk to an expert for better assistance.